Nestled in the heart of the historic countryside of Bunratty and within easy access to Shannon Airport, the Hotel is but a short stroll away from the famous 15th century Bunratty Castle & Folk Park.
Medieval banquets in the Castle can also be arranged upon your request for any number of “Knights and Maidens”. Adjacent to the Hotel is the World famous Irish pub called "Durty Nellies" which you will find is a truly unique experience.
Bunratty is an ideal base for visiting and touring the unspoiled, cultural West of Ireland with Galway and Connemara, the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren and the beautiful lakes of Killarney all within an easy day trip. As an added bonus, visit the Bunratty Mills shopping village, located at the foot of the Hotel grounds.
Directions from Shannon Airport to Bunratty Castle Hotel:
- Leaving Shannon Airport, at first roundabout take 1st exit onto Airport Road – N19 (signposted Galway, Limerick, Ennis)
- At next roundabout take 2nd exit onto the N19
- At Shannon town roundabout take 2nd exit on to N19 (signposted Galway Limerick)
- At next roundabout take 3rd exit, then merge onto the N18 (signposted Limerick)
- Take first exit off N18 (signposted Bunratty)
- Continue forward to Bunratty Castle Hotel and Luxury Spa opposite Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.
There is a bus and taxi service to and from Shannon Airport and you can also hire a car there. (Shannon Airport Hotel, Hotels Near Shannon Airport)
All distances are from Bunratty Castle Hotel